The day I cooked - Deeply Fried Ripened Fritters
19 April, 2019
Deeply fried Ripened Banana Fritters, or പഴം പൊരി or simply Pazhampori is the first thing that comes to a Keralite's mind when it starts raining. Coupled with chaiya or tea, this snack serves as a deadly combo to your taste receptors!
Now how do we make Deeply fried Ripened Banana Fritter... haha, Pazhamporis? It's simple.
(For a serving size of 4 pazhamporis)
- Banana - 1
- Wheat flour , i.e. Atta (or Maida, I prefer Atta) - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 spoon
- Cooking Oil
- Take a cup of wheat flour, add about 1.5 cups of water and 1 spoon of sugar.
Mix well, adjust proportion if need be. In the end you should end up with this slimy stuff -
- Take a banana and split it into two, and slice to to get pieces like this -
Now we come to the frying part.
- Take a frying pan and add cooking oil. (Quantity - about approximately as much as you can just dip the bananas in)
- Dip the cut bananas thoroughly into the slimy stuff we made earlier. Place it in the frying pan carefully.
The banana pieces must be totally covered with the stuff.
- Add all the pieces carefully, and flip the sides when they get cooked
Be careful not to just drop them in the hot oil, place them gently, like I did below :)
Aaand that's pretty much it!
Was that too simple? Let me know in the comments :)